
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Those look to be in pretty good shape. Should clean up nice.
Knowing the local audio market in Syracuse, those might sit for a while. Even at that price. Unless one of the shops like HiOnFi picks them up.
Seems like a decent deal for someone. Since they blew the diaphragms long ago, maybe the woofers weren't played too much with the rotted surrounds
I have a pair of these I bought years ago and got screwed on.
Were covered with carpet. When I removed it the wood was water damaged.
Had the wrong HF drivers. Wrong X-overs. The EQ ckt was missing and the woofers were toast.
Other than that, I did good!
I have all the correct parts now. And I had started to fix the cabinets. Been sitting that way for 5 years now.
So how do these sound anyway? I've never heard any.
Ron
Enjoying Altec Speakers since 1972
Sheesh! You did get screwed! 9846-8A bad purchase
Memory's really dim now, but the pair I auditioned at the distributor were pretty impressive and audibly superior to its Barcelona spinoff, but we were all so 'traditional' components centric that we just thought them nice Disco speakers once the horns were shelved to get a stronger [mid] bassline.
GM
Last edited by GM; June 11th, 2017 at 03:41 PM.
Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.
The pair in Syr sold within a week. Looks like the seller took a deal outside of ebay.
That sucks about your pair of 9846 Ron. Glad you are getting them up and running though![]()
Looks like they are back on ebay
ALTEC LANSING MODEL 9846B LOUDSPEAKERS = READ DESCRIPTION | eBay
Bookmarks